Saturday, September 17, 2011

A 'Before And After' That Gives Me A Happy Heart And Something To Look At!

Do you need to do a little trimming in your life??  Need to cut some things out?  Have you let it go too long?  Sometimes we allow things to grow up in front of us.  We allow 'life' to block our way.   We get busy trying to take care of the basics that we forget how important it is to remember the things that need tending in order to add the good stuff to our lives.  You know, the reason for living, for breathing, for seeing, for dreaming.

Many of you know that I live on the water.  Nice right?!  Well.....not if you can't see it!!!  Yep, you got it.  I have been living on the water and unless I walk down to the dock, I haven't been able to see it in years!! Well, until today. 

Right now, I am the happiest person in the world, just because I finally got around to having a group of guys come out and remove all this overgrown landscaping.  Okay. Nothing glamorous here.  Nothing too life changing.....or is it, could it be life changing??  I think so.  Look at this "before and after."  I get heart palpitations just looking at them.  Check these two images out!.... 
Before

After

Yeah!!!  As I am typing this, I can SEE WATER out the back of my studio!!!  The tide is coming in pretty rapidly. I love observing the cycles of nature. Tides come in, tides go out.  There is something about it that gives me a sense of stability and peace.  No matter what, I can count on the tides.  I gain energy from being able to connect with the miracle of it all as it rolls past my window.  Such a simple task has brought it back into my life.

Do you have anything that needs 'trimming' in your world??  May I recommend not waiting 4 years to do something about it?!!  It might not be old landscaping blocking your way.  Bet you know what it is because you are thinking about it right now.  So what's stopping you? You got this one life. See it. Live it. Breathe it.

-The End-

6 comments:

Carolyn@Sweet Chaos Home said...

Ahhh... nothing like being on the water! So glad you are getting to enjoy the view now :)

Shortbread and Ginger said...

What a lovely view!
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

A wonderful difference! Now that's a beautiful view!!!

Dee

Unknown said...

Great post ! 'll have to ponder that message...I get what you mean and there must be a view I don't even realize i have blocked myself off from enjoying...
Kat Griffin

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

I wish I had that pool! One day.....

Grammy Goodwill said...

So true.