Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Gotta Get The Shutters Up...Master Bath Redo Update


Inspiration Pic

I have a million projects in midstream.  I thought I would give you a sneak peek at one of them.  My master bathroom project that started months ago and stalled is back in full swing.  I am going to continue the theme of yellow and white, bead board and such from the Master Bedroom.  In fact, the walls are now painted the same pale yellow.  

I need something for the two windows in the bath.  I want the windows primarily open, but also need privacy at night. I hit the blogs and PinInterest and found this neat idea on a blog named Tidbits From The Tremaynes and pinned it to my PinInterest.

My home improvements guy, Ed was at the house this weekend.  He helped me whip up a few built to suit shutters and they are sitting on my outside studio ready for two coats of white paint. 

He is suppose to be returning tomorrow to install them.  I haven't painted them because I have been so busy with the kitchen re-decoration project! Yikes!  Guess I am getting up early tomorrow. Hope the paint dries quickly.  Once they are painted, I will have him hang them to the sides of these two windows in the bath on chrome hinges.
Window #1 Before

Window #2 Before

There is also this neat old vintage cabinet that I had him hang over the back of the toliet/bidet area.  I plan on painting it and adding some accents, like hooks, etc. 


I am also going to have Ed help me renovate the cabinet doors. I don't like the contemporary lines of the doors, so I will be having him router out a center rectangle, so I can add a bead board and trim treatment before painting them a white Alabaster White from Sherwin Williams. 

All this is happening as I attempt a to redecorate my kitchen, finish my Halloween decorating and get a few tomato plants in the ground before the end of the month!!  Why do I do this to myself I ask?  I guess I like the challenge.  Or maybe I am just crazy. Who knows? I mean who else would do something crazy like this...

Paint a pumpkin white?? Really?? My redo in the kitchen is all about black and white...I needed the pumpkins to be white.  Yep, you got that right. White pumpkins in the kitchen.  I may have gone nuts in the process...but I'm having fun! That's the point....right??!!

-The End-

7 comments:

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Ooo, I love that green wall cabinet! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with (waaay) too many projects going at once. My head starts spinning just thinking about everything that needs to be done!

Unknown said...

I'm so far behind on stuff around here I have no idea where to start! I am in LOVE with that wall cabinet! Thanks for stopping by and the sweet comment on my Red Rooster Table.

Clydia Kay
Threemangoseeds.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Looks like a great bathroom plan I think shutters are very nice solution and so different than what most people think to do. the yellow is so soft and delicate and just perfect. ...OK Im jealous...you actually have a bidet...

- KAT -

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Oh my heck those shutters are going to be fabulous in your W.C.! I can't wait to see! Thanks for telling me about them!

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

Hi Lesley, I can't wait for the finished product! I understand tho, I have so many projects going on here, I honestly don't know where to begin from day to day! I need to completely finish one project before I start another, but I don't. I painted some pumpkins the other day, they were not real, but they turned out great!

Gayle said...

I understand the "too many projects" dilemma. I also suffer from this craziness. I love the shutter idea and can't wait to see it all finished.

Lisa Montsion said...

I want a home just like yours.

lisa